Swing Ann Arbor (SAA) in a nutshell
We hold our weekly lessons and our open social dance, Wednesday Night Swing, on central campus. Our events are all hosted in the venerable halls of the Michigan Union and Michigan League. Check out the event calendar to see what venue we are in this week!
Our two main locations:
Our Mission Statement
Swing Ann Arbor is a University of Michigan student organization whose purpose is to provide the University community and Southeast Michigan with high-quality swing dance instruction and weekly dances. Beginner lessons and all dances are open to everyone regardless of experience or affiliation. You never need a partner to attend any lesson or dance!
We are a swing dancing community that is welcoming to and accepting of everyone who wants to dance, encourages and facilitates learning and personal improvement among dancers, and promotes the dance and dance related events around town.
Our Board for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
Swing Ann Arbor is an MSA-affiliated Voluntary Student Organization (VSO) at the University of Michigan. Our activities are planned by an elected 5-person Executive Board with the assistance of five appointed Directors.
- Interm President: Christine Campbell
- Advertising Director: Aubrey O’Neal
- Curriculum Director: Christine Campbell & Chris Glasow
- Event Director: Alex Tripp
- E-Mail Coordinator: Alex Tripp
- Facilities Coordinator: Rebecca Rebhuhn-Glanz
- Music Director: Connor Cole
- Treasurer: Jessica Feathers
- Volunteer Coordinator: Leo Gnatovskiy, PhD
- Web Site Director: Cristian Capotescu